Roleplaying For Dummiz
Hey! Not a member yet of Roleplaying for Dummiz? Join! Already a member? They log-in you silly goose! ^_^
Roleplaying For Dummiz
Hey! Not a member yet of Roleplaying for Dummiz? Join! Already a member? They log-in you silly goose! ^_^
Roleplaying For Dummiz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying for Dummiz is a simple site to express your feelings and thoughts through writings, and through other people! Here you can Roleplay from a tremendous amount of Catergories, and along the way you will be sure to make new friends! Just have fun!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 am

When I get the chance I will Post all of the game info we have on here. For now I'll just post a little bit of what I can recall by memory:

Game Title: BREAK
Genre: Sci-Fi/Action/Dating&Relationship
Game Rating: rated M (?): for violence, gore, and probably some sexual comments

Main Character: Mari, girl, 17, brown hair, pink eyes

Dateable Males:
- Aki
- Kuma: baseball bat or sword
- Neikan: Sniper
- Junichi (Jun): ?
- Not named "womanizer": ?

Dateable Females:
- None yet created

Unlockable Characters:
- No-Name, not finished

Game Info:
- Relationships improve skill and stat. gain
- Fight alongside characters of your choice. Different combos improve different stats
- First levels include escaping from a government science facility
- takes place in a post-apocalyptic world
- mutated monsters are the enemy in most areas. government people are the enemies in other areas.
- plenty of blood and gore
- Side missions/levels that unlock hidden characers
- Free Play mode where you can play as your favorite character and roam freely on the map

More info coming later!

Last edited by EpiclyErik on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:28 am

Okay, I don't know what all music you guys like but I'm going to post a soundtrack suggestion list because music is my specialty I'll add something every time I get something I think fits:

- What Have We done by The Veer Union
- Digging Graves by Close Your Eyes
- Death of Love by Cradle Of Filth
- Brompton Cocktail by Aveneged Sevenfold
-
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 am

Haha, I just got an interesting idea for a character from listening to The Greatest Story Ever Told by Ice Nine Kills. Haha. If you know the song you mite think it's a bad idea but I think it mite be a pretty awesome character...
Okay, so its a guy, I know we said we didnt want any more guy characters but whatever. So, maybe at one point he was married, had a kid but with the issues of the government trying to test the mineral and grow an army of mutants, he lost his family. They were tested on and such. He was the only survivor. Because of that, he joins Mari in attempt to seek revenge against the government that took his family.
Back to top Go down
Thehalfbraincreator
Writer's Apprentice
Writer's Apprentice
Thehalfbraincreator

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

hmmm actually i dont mind that idea too much it is interesting. heres an idea why not make him and unlockable character?? after you do something this character can unlock or something like the hidden characters they have in otome games??
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hmmm.. i like that idea. maybe we can have side missions that unlock the hidden characters? Missions that dont technically follow the main storyline but yet also are kinda part of the main storyline in some way? i dunno. that doesnt make sense does it? e.e
Back to top Go down
Thehalfbraincreator
Writer's Apprentice
Writer's Apprentice
Thehalfbraincreator

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:46 pm

i was thining they would be hidden in the free roam version only people who really try adn stuff and make his version just that good, of course you will probably have to do most of his lines and stuff. u know because it will be your character and you should have some final say.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmmm.. but i thought free roam was more of a "do whatever you want and be whoever you want" kinda thing and you unlocked stuff in free roam thru story mode? I guees we could do it where we have some things in story mode that arent in free roam, and stuff in free roam that arent in story mode... but, i think it would be less confusing with free roam being unlocked in the story mode only... hmmm... well... i dunno... like, what exactly are you thinking of? try being as specific as possible to try not to confuse me Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Thehalfbraincreator
Writer's Apprentice
Writer's Apprentice
Thehalfbraincreator

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 pm

why can't it work both ways?
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

i'm not saying it cant be done, cuz i'm sure it can. but with the way i'm thinking it, we could only do it that way if we would make it to where free mode would have to include following the storyline to do that.. unless we did it to where the characters are unlocked thru smaller side missions that dont actually include the character e.e i just wanted to know how you have in mind to do it cuz mine is confused..
Back to top Go down
Thehalfbraincreator
Writer's Apprentice
Writer's Apprentice
Thehalfbraincreator

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:10 pm

no i mean a quest in free mode unlocks it for story mode....
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm

so... the second option i said? e.e just a random quest that unlocks it. non-storyline related e.e
Back to top Go down
forangelstodie
Newbster
Newbster
forangelstodie

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I kind of feel like I came in at a bad time. >.> Did I? By the way, it's AJ.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:57 am

You could never come at a bad time Aj :3
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

Location : Some where in the USA where unicorn fart out rainbow!!!!! XD

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:18 pm

You been working a lot since i went MIA
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Lol. yeah, and today me and Z were talking and it turns out we're gonna try to make our own music for it. Z's dad has a computer program that allows you to make music with whatever instrument you want and you dont even need to know how to play them. :3
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:30 pm

That sound really awesome!
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 pm

I know right! Very Happy We were talking about songs to do for the intro and cut scenes and such but then we were like, we probably cant use those songs without permission and then Z mentioned having that computer program so we can do that.
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:46 pm

So have to start playing with the program?
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Yup. We also have to work on finding a game making program. I found a few decent ones but I don't think Z looked at them and I don't think Aj even knows about them. (Aj is my friend that joined the other day. I don't know if you saw her post or not)... I don't have a computer that I can do the stuff on or the money to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I think i did and that sounds a lot of work to do to make this game of ours
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Lol. It's going to be a lot of work. I expected it to be. There's gonna have to be some money put into it also. Probably quite a bit... Hopefully it will be worth it tho.
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm

hopefully so you don`t spend so much money on something thats not
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah. :/ I know... I think Z is (maybe) gonna do most of the stuff that involves money... Cuz I'm poor Razz lol.
Back to top Go down
Jmart
Author
Author
Jmart

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Everyone is now a days
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

i know. and it sucks :[
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions   Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making A Video Game - accepting all opinions and suggestions
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next